June 26, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Ghost and Beach Edition

I feel like a weekend must have been good if it takes you until Wednesday to plug your camera into your computer and sort through the events. 

What I liked the most about this past weekend is that we did things with people. 
(After I typed that sentence, I realized how vague that was but I am just gonna roll with it.)

This past weekend, my husband's BFF came into Savannah with his lovely girlfriend (both of whom are law students) and we had a fun time exploring the city on Friday and relaxing at the beach on Saturday. 

Too often we just get meals with friends, but don't actually do any other activities together (at least as a couple).

Don't get me wrong, I love eating. A lot. And I love eating with friends a lot.
But when you are constantly surrounded by law students and aren't one yourself, the conversation is typically law related and I find myself having little to contribute around the dinner table. But when we are doing things and experiencing fun activities together, I feel more involved and find myself enjoying the occasion more.

So back to my original statement, 'what I liked the most about this past weekend is that we did things with people.'

Be forwarned....I took a lot of photos when I actually remembered I had a camera with me so be prepared for a lot of similar photos. 

Drinking some wine while waiting on pizza to arrive at our table and giggling to myself as my husband has to figure out how to type on his new smart phone with his sausage fingers.

Hanging outside, waiting to get our ghost tour pub crawl on. 

The ghost tour started outside one of our favorite pubs which we visit often thanks to fond memories of eating brie and drinking wine during our honeymoon on their patio. 




Our ghost tour guide was from Boston and absolutely hilarious. We heard maybe two ghost stories in the 2.5 hour tour, but got lots of dirt on his ex-wife, laughed at stupid things people say to him while he gives a tour and heard lots on how he is a terrible horse carriage operator. 

I definitely captured a lot of 'orbs' while taking photos at the Colonial Park cemetery in downtown Savannah. 
NBD but I am a little bit of a ghost hunter. 

After the tour, we headed to a rooftop bar in Savannah which overlooked River Street and the Savannah River. The sight was gorgeous. 

Saturday we headed down to the beach undeterred by the cloudy skies and the possibility of rain. 




Joe brought along a deluxe kite and I watched three law students attempt to build it and fly it. Even though it did end up flying after a few unsuccessful tries, I don't have any photographic proof, so maybe it didn't really happen after all. 


We sat, had some drinks and swam for the rest of the day. And yeah, thanks to open container laws and no glass on the beach laws, I poured myself a giant sippy cup of wine before we left the house. 


After having a bit of sippy cup wine, I ended up with a series of photos like this one below, which I have a very vague recollection of taking. 

Saturday evening consisted of lots of eating, playing a ring toss game with a lot of kids at a local restaurant and talking into the wee hours out on my in-laws patio.

Sunday was spent eating lots of grease and recuperating.  I didn't move very much that day and definitely didn't take any photos of my hungover self.

Even though it is Wednesday, I hope you all had a great weekend. I am linking up with the hilarious Ms. Sami to share these shenanigans. 

Sami's Shenanigans

Have a great day everyone!

~ With Love, Ashlee ~

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...