June 4, 2013

Big Intentions...

Before heading out on a 'kinda/sorta/not really/but it totally is' a six-week vacation, I had a lot of hard choices to make. 

I was going to be separated from my yarn stash for six long weeks and I needed to figure out what I was going to need to bring with me to knit a lot of awesome things during this getaway. 

Patterns were queued up on Ravelry, needles were grabbed and yarn was fondled and packaged up. 

But after two weeks away, I haven't knit a thing. 

Not one itty bitty stitch. 

Instead I have been outside walking my dog, hanging out on the beach, cooking new meals and doing some other crafts. 

I have actually been doing quite a bit of embroidary lately. Here's my latest project....


I made one of these gnomes for my mom for Christmas and I loved how it turned out. I still need to do the rest of the black outlining and then write 'Gnome Sweet Gnome' on the right, but that won't take too long. 

Back to the original point, I had a lot of big intentions with this vacation, but I haven't knit at all, so I am going to be changing that this evening. Here's what I hope/plan on knitting these next few weeks and months. 

/1\


This sweater is actually what I am currently working on. I am doing a stripped version and am making it out of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. 

Here's what I have done so far...



Some other things I hope to get to knitting soon...

/2\


This will be knit in a lovely mint green wool lace yarn by Malabrigo.


/3\


A lovely heathered robin's egg blue Cascade 220 wool yarn is reserved for this. 


/4\


These are going to be knit in the same robin's egg blue wool yarn as the above hat. 

/5\


I want to finally give socks a go and I love the subtle textured pattern here. 

I've avoided socks thus far due to some cankles, but hopefully with a little math and extra yarn, I can get around that hiccup.

I've got a some bright red merino yarn from Plymouth Yarn that is going to look pretty awesome!

 
So that is what I have planned for the next few weeks knitting wise. 
What are you making? 

~ With Love, Ashlee ~


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...