March 5, 2012

Visiting Maine

My goodness, the last few weeks of February were filled with lots of travel and after being back home for a week, I finally feel like I am almost settled back into some sort of routine. Almost. 

My husband and I went to Maine for a long weekend to attend a memorial service for my grandfather-in-law. Besides the somber reason for gathering, we had a great time hanging out with my father-in-law's side of the family, most of whom I had only met during our wedding. It was so great to hang out and hear stories about that side of the family, many of which I never heard before.

This was my first visit to Maine and I would absolutely love to go back soon. Any place that names the 'Whoopie Pie' as their official state treat is alright in my book.

I had never been in the northeast before, and was really taken back by the beauty of the landscape there. We arrived in the middle of a snowstorm, so we had the pleasure of seeing the landscape covered in snow during our trip.

I took a few photos, but as usual, I forgot to take many photos or any really good photos. Shout-out to my sister-in-law Kristine for allowing me to use some of the photos she took. 

My sister-in-law, mother-in-law and husband in Belfast, ME



 The restaurant my grandparents-in-law owned and operated. It wasn't a bright, vibrant Mexican restaurant then.

 A baby bear meets a stuffed bear. My relatives like to hunt.

 View from my relative's house. Apparently, John Travolta lives on that island across the ocean. 
So close, yet so far.

 Cold, cold, cold family photo.

 Stud muffin.



Sister-in-law with husband doing blue steel.

 Protecting my husband.

 Getting a tutorial on how to eat clams. I tried a few, but they weren't my thing.

 These were definitely my thing :)

We are ridiculously good looking.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...