March 24, 2012

Outfit Post - Katniss Approved

Yesterday morning I was pouting to my husband that 'The Hunger Games' was finally in theaters and that we weren't going to be able to watch it for about five weeks until his law school finals were over.

Well, being the sweet, super awesome guy he is...he said that he would take the afternoon off from studying so I could go see it. I was so excited, but I didn't think we were going to get tickets since it is pretty much sold out everywhere all weekend. 

The odds were in our favor (see what I did there?!) and I found us tickets at a theater about 15 minutes away from our apartment. Squeal!

So I did what any normal 26 year old does when they are going to a movie they are excited for...pay homage to your favorite character by dressing up for the premiere! So here ya go...

 Red dress for 'The Girl on Fire.'

 
I just had to sport her signature side braid.

 

 

 
 I didn't have a mockingjay pin, but I thought a little deer pin would be an alright substitute.

 

Practicing my skills. 

So not only was the movie awesome, we had the entire theater to ourselves. 

I mean it was opening day...
For the Hunger Games...
And we had the whole theater to ourselves. 
How crazy is that??

Red Dress - Old Navy
Black Knit Sweater - Wal-Mart
Black Tights - Target
Shoes - Payless
Deer Pin - Vintage from etsy

1 comment :

  1. Just became a new follower and I adore that dress. That color looks stunning on you! www.thetrunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...