July 30, 2013

Some Things You Might Not Know About Me


1) I hiccup. A lot. An unnatural amount really.
Usually my hiccups are singular and they are so loud and sudden that they end up startling the puppy, the husband and myself.

2) My desert hierarchy is as follows:
Pie < Ice Cream < Cupcakes < Cake < Cookies.
Cookies always win.


3) My first job was at Target and I have never worn red and khaki together since then.
Never ever.

4) If I ever get a tattoo, it will be a quote from my favorite book 'East of Eden' by John Steinbeck.


5) I prefer to sleep at a diagonal angle across the bed much to my husband's dismay.

6) I took five years of French along with one year of Italian in college and all I got from it was how to spot anything with fromage (cheese) on the menu and how to ask for the 'water closet' (bathroom).


7) When I was 17, I pierced my belly button like four hours before an eight hour flight from Hawaii to San Fran to Denver.
Terrible idea.

8) The foods I love and eat the most are avocados, raspberries, oatmeal, watermelon and kale.
(My husband thinks that this point should just be avocados, avocados, avocados, avocados and avocados).


9) I am terribly skittish around and afraid of balloons and rubber bands.

10) All of my first pets were named after foods.
Oatmeal the cat, Oreo the cat & Smore the beagle.

Dress: Forever 21 / Shoes: Target
Infinity Bracelet: My Sweet Nomsa / Coral Earrings: My Sweet Nomsa

~ With Love, Ashlee ~

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. I despise hiccups so I would hate to get them a lot! I bet when you are pregnant (someday) your baby will get hiccups all the time! Mine only had them a handful of times and I've heard they take after their moms :) They are getting our O2 after all!
    Please tell me how you eat your kale. I'm just not a fan but I know it's so good for me! (I do give my baby kale puffs though. Organic too. So at least I'm doing something right.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hadn't heard that about the hiccups before!

      My future baby is going to have a bumpy ride down there.

      And kale. Kale is magical. It cleans you out like no other (TMI?).

      I have heard that a lot of people find it too bitter so if that's you definitely find recipes for it that use lots of sauce. Here is a link to one of my favorite kale recipes - http://www.vegweb.com/recipes/creamy-peanut-kale

      But right now I am trying to eat a kale salad every day. Basically just raw kale that has been 'massaged' (aka manhandled and squeezed) with half and avocado and the toppings/dressing of your choice.

      I might have to do a blog post of good beginning kale recipes.

      Delete
  2. OMG. I get the random hiccups too! Its usually just one or two, but they're at super random times.

    Also, I LOVE Steinbeck. He's my all time fav, which is saying something seeing as how I'm a librarian. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I am glad that I am not alone on the hiccup and John Steinbeck loving front.

      I got really good in college of doing a sudden hiccup and then looking around with everyone else to act like I had no idea who just made that awful noise.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...