May 21, 2013

Currently...

Reading: I finished reading 'The Fault in Our Stars' last week and became convinced for about three days that I had left-side cancer. You know...that form of cancer which consumes your entire left side? Not too common thankfully. Terrible book for a hypochondric to read. I just started the audio book 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?' by Mindy Kaling yesterday and I am in love. I feel like Mindy could be my twin sister if I was Indian, more extroverted and fashionable.

Wondering: About the feelings of 'nostalgia.' I read an interesting article on the New York Times today (sophisticated I know) about the idea of nostalgia and how it can be dangerous. I know that I can tend to over glorify past events and think negatively of present situations, which isn't helpful for me or those that I am around. I am trying more and more to be thankful for where I am today and what I have. I have so many things to be thankful for now and I need to train myself to objectively look at and appreciate the past, but not idealize it as much.

Feeling thankful: For my job. Working from home can be difficult sometimes but it allows my husband and I to take advantage of so many opportunities that if I was tied down to a desk job, we couldn't do. I have a very flexible schedule and can I squeeze my job in around my life's activities, not try to squeeze in a life after my job.

Eating: My father-in-law made me dinner tonight which consisted of black beans cooked with tomatoes, peppers, onions, kale and delicious spices. Super yummy and vegan friendly (thanks John!) I am currently drinking some merlot and thinking about making myself some strawberry cocoa chia pudding for dessert later.

Watching:  The Voice. Don't even get me started on how Garrett was voted off last week. True, I didn't vote because we watch it on Hulu the next day, and his Backstreet Boy song wasn't his best performance...but still. I loved his growl and he was sweet. Sarah has now moved up to my number 1.

/source\

Working on:  I edited photos all day. Slowly but surely I am getting a whole bunch of new items added to my store. Trying to refresh my shop and my brand. There should be a blog post later in the week showing you some of the new items!

Loving:  The lovely weather we have been having here in Georgia. It is almost the end of May and the high was 80 today. If it stayed like this all summer, I would be happy, but alas, soon my face will be melting off and my hair will take a life of its own.

Celebrating: My husband successfully finished his second year of law school last week and now he is working at a fancy law firm for the summer. He is such a hard charger. I swear, the discipline and stamina this guy has is simply amazing.

I have been editing photos today and decided to clean some photos off my computer which weren't being used. I stumbled across this gem which was taken by my father-in-law in February right before we left to run the Tybee half marathon. I am happy to know that I have a picture which makes all three of us look really stupid.

Thanks to Danielle for the inspiration behind today's post.

~ With Love, Ashlee ~

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...