April 16, 2012

I Don't Like Pants With Zippers & Buttons

So...something interesting has happened all of a sudden. I seemed to have gained some weight. 

I guess it wasn't really all of a sudden, but you know....kinda, sorta, not really paying attention, so some doughnuts attached themselves to my outer thighs, all of a sudden.

Right around Thanksgiving I was around 145 lbs, the lowest that I had been in about five years. Since Thanksgiving, I have gained about 15 pounds. 

Gasp. Gag. Shudder. 

Unfortunately, at 145 pounds, I wasn't one of those people who walked past you and you thought to yourself, 'She needs to eat a ham sandwich.' You thought....she looks good, but might need to lose a couple of pounds. 

So at 160 pounds, you can see the kind of predicament that I am in. I went from needing to drop a couple of pounds to needing to lose 25 pounds.

Total bummer right? I will admit, these last few months were kind of awesome. I stopped being a vegan and went full-on meat eater. I went from one extreme to the other. Instead of beans, I have been eating McDonalds. Instead of fruit, I am eating fried eggs. 

Well...today I realized that I need to lose some weight. Since I work from home, I have the pleasure of wearing yoga pants all day/everyday. No tight waistband, no constricting materials. It's awesome.

I just started a new part-time job today though (more on that later) and need to wear jeans to work. 

O.M.G. 

My Old Navy jeans and I had one hell of a battle this morning and I was actually almost late for work as I had to do about three dozen deep squats to activate the 'stretch' in my jeans. When I got home from work, I ripped my pants off immediately and actually had the jean side seams imprinted on my outer thighs. 

Am I painting you a sexy enough picture yet? 

So yeah...I need to get back in shape. I know what I need to do, how to work out correctly, how to eat right, I just don't do it. I get a bit lazy. So I am hoping that by posting updates on my weight loss each week, maybe you all will keep me accountable and help me lose my saddlebags (I'm keeping the booty though). 

So....as if my jeans experience wasn't bad enough, I took a few photos of me in a bathing suit today, thinking that I would post a 'before' picture on the blog with this post and then show you photos in a few weeks of how I look after getting my fitness on. 

Um....well after reviewing the photos, I have decided that no way am I posting photos right now. I have realized that 1) I have an ill fitting bathing suit, 2) I am deathly pale and 3) I don't want any creepers looking at my photos online. Who knows though....maybe when I get all fit, you guys can see some photos then. 

Maybe. 

So since you guys aren't getting any photos, here are some of my starting stats. I didn't measure myself because I feel like it is too inaccurate for me. I always seem to measure myself in different places, so I get all amazed at a 3 inch loss per thigh after a week.

So no measuring tape, just my scale and calorieking.com (to track my food intake/calories burned). All of this information is as of this morning.

Weight:  160.6 lbs
Body Fat: 45.5 lbs
Body Fat %: 28.4 %
BMI: 25.1

Ugh. So there you have it. All my info is out in the interwebs. Be kind.




Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...