December 15, 2010

I am not my hair....

My hair and I have had a bit of torrid history (like a lot of women). It really revolves around me having naturally fabulous hair but no knowledge or desire to learn how to tame it. 99% of the time you will see me in a bun, attempting to restrain the awesomeness of this beast on my head. I have gone so far as to shave my head in a sad attempt to cover up my rowdy locks. Well no more.... next Tuesday I made an appointment at a fabulous hair salon in town and am going to regain control of my hair. I have been to this hair dresser before and she worked magic, so I am hoping that lightning strikes twice.

I have no idea what I am going to have done with it, but I signed up for highlights and a cut. I am feeling a little bit daring so I think I am going to hand over the reigns to the hair dresser and have her do what she will with it. And brace yourselves.... I am going to buy product. Perhaps a few different kinds! I don't EVER use product in my hair, but I think I might start doing it. I have not a clue as to what to buy or how to use it, but I am going to be honest with my hair dresser, explain my ignorance on the subject and be an absorbing pupil.

In other hair news, Republic Salon (the salon which I frequent) is now selling some of my hair accessories and jewelry. The owner reached out to me after seeing my article in the paper this last Sunday, and I am so happy she did! I am really looking forwarding to having my items there and I think that it is going to be such a great fit! So if you ever getting your hair 'did' at the Republic, look for my items near the register!



For anyone who is curious, that is me shaving my head for a cancer fundraiser in 2007. I highly recommend to everyone that they should go bald at some time in their life. Also, if you click here, you will be taken to my old blog where I wrote some impressive haiku's about being bald :)

3 comments :

  1. Make sure she lifts the highlights high enough to avoid yellow streaks--unless of course you desire yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited your stuff will be at Republic. Now I am looking forward to my next hair-cut even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally relate to your hair history. I haven't yet shaved my head. The closest I've come is to have it cut EXTREMELY short. In part because I can "carry it off". But, mostly because it means I don't have to do my to my hair.

    When I first starting seeing Krista at Urban Body Studio in Atlanta I told her that "my IQ drops 10 points for every hair implement I pick up". If I have to use a brush and a hair dryer at the same time, I'm toast. I gave her free reign to do what she would with my hair. The only caveat was that I had to be able to style it - which was saying a lot. So far, so good. The woman is genius with shears. So, if you've found a good person to work with your plan of pleading ignorance and being an absorbing pupil is a great one. Good luck!

    Oh, and shaving my head is on my Bucket List. I will do it. Just not sure when.

    And, you look great with no hair!

    Post pics after your appointment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...