November 15, 2012

Oh, how pinteresting...


So lately I have been trying to be on a high(er) protein diet. This means that I am eating a lot, a lot of meat. Since I was a vegan/vegetarian for about 15 years of my life, I have no working knowledge on how to prepare meat. Or what to do with prepared meat.

This makes for a sad husband.

I have basically made him cook all forms of meat that we have been eating (except fish. I got that down) and haven't figured out how to make any interesting meals with this new addition to my diet. So the past few days I have been scouring pinterest to find some new recipes so my husband likes my cooking again.

Disclaimer: the problem with hanging out on pinterest all day looking at recipes is that you find a lot of awesome recipes you want to eat right away. Not all of these recipes have meat in them and some are even deserts. But a few have meat and thus serves my purpose.

/one\
Broccoli Cheese Bites

I love me some broccoli and cheese. Mostly cheese.

blog and pin

/two\
Honey Lime Shrimp

I bought a lot of frozen shrimp at Sam's Club last week and we haven't eaten it yet because the husband keeps telling me it needs a sauce. Now that I have successfully found a 'sauce,' we can finally start eating our two year supply of shrimp.

blog and pin

/three\
Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce

Not a meal by any means and doesn't include meat, but if I make these, I will be a hero to my husband.

blog and pin

/four\ 
Chocolate Chunk Muffins 

Chocolate. Chunk. Muffins. 100 calories. 

That's all we really need to know.

blog and pin

/five\
Avocado Egg Salad

It is a widely known fact that avocados are in my top five of favorite foods. Put avocado in a recipe and I am all over that.

blog and pin

/six\
White Chicken Chili

We have been eating a lot of turkey chili around here, so it might be appreciated to switch it up to another meat chili. I feel like there is an obscene amount of cheese in this recipe though. And sour cream. Might downsize that amount quite a bit.


blog and pin

/seven\
Pizza Muffin Bites

It is a widely known fact that my husband's favorite food is pizza. I will be glorified if I pack him little portable pizzas in his lunch. 

blog and pin

I have some cooking to do this week. I will let you know when I cook these recipes and how they turn out. Please be sure to share any of your favorite pins this week over at the vintage apple blog!




Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...