November 5, 2012

Grown Up Things

Today was a day filled with doing all sorts of grown-up things that you never want to do.

The type of things that you write on a to-do list and transfer over to the next day's to-do list for a whole month.

Today...

I used the extender thingy on my vacuum and sucked up cobwebs in the corners and got peanut butter M&M's out of the crevices in my couch.

I called a company and got put on hold for 35 minutes. Once I got through, I spoke to them in my adult voice and told them how my bill was wrong for the third month in a row. Even asked to speak to a manager after the representative was no help.

I washed pillows and cushions and blankets and rugs and sheets and towels.

I used fabric softener for the first time during the wash cycle (thanks Downy for the free sample).

I put little wool pads on the bottom of my furniture since I have hardwood floors now.


I fixed a table (and by fix, I mean I slathered the broken part in gorilla glue and hoped for the best).  

I did accounting and filed important documents.

I cleaned all the weird parts of the coffee machine.

I laughed until I had tears rolling down my cheeks as I watched America's Funniest Home Video and drank a glass of wine.

Today made me feel old, boring, accomplished and satisfied. 

Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate what you have to say and read every comment. If you need to get in touch with me right away, email me at mysweetnomsa@gmail.com. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...